|September 7, 2010
Made some updates
Added docs about the 82240a/b IR printer
Looking for manuals? (all are in PDF)
The HP48G Series Quick Start Guide (116 pages, 4.5MB)
The HP48G Series User Manual (612 pages, 28MB)
The HP48G Series Advanced Users Reference (764 pages, 39MB)
August 1994 HP Journal article on the HP48G/GX (17 pages, 245KB)
Manuals and information on the HP 82240A/B IR Printer
User manual HP82240A (33 pages, 7.7 MB)
User manual HP82240B (35 pages, 2.0 MB)
HP82240B Technical Interfacing Guide (14 pages, 98 KB)
October 1987 HP Journal Articles:
An Infrared Link for Low-Cost Calculators and Printers (5 pages, 1.3 MB)
A Low Cost Wireless Portable Printer (3 pages, 625 KB)
In mid-2000 Hewlett-Packard released the 48SX/GX ROMS to the public. Previously protected by copyright, the only true way to get a ROM image was to dump the ROM of your own calculator. Some sites provided the ROM but came under legal fire from HP and had to remove them. That said, you can download any of the below ROMS for use in an emulator without owning the actual 48SX/GX calculator.
Emu48 is an excellent Windows based emulator for the HP38G, HP39G, HP40G, HP48SX, HP48GX and a HP49G.
X48 is an emulator that runs on many different platforms
The always popular “Goodie Disks” assembled by Joseph Horn. Before the Internet, the way to get programs was to call a BBS (Bulletin Board System). These disks provided a way of getting a lot of HP48 programs in one download. There are 11 disks that are still good to have. With the advent of the Internet Joseph Horn stopped making them as anyone could get online and find archives of HP48 programs and information.
Transfer data to and from your HP48/49 and PC with HPComm 3.0r4.
This software provides drag-and-drop file transfers for the HP48/49 and a screen capture utility.It’s compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000.
All you need is a cable to connect your HP48 to your computer.
Places to purchase the HP48 and accessories
Hewlett Packard Calculator Information Resources
- Hewlett-Packard’s Calculator Page
- Eric Rechlin’s HP48 Archive
- The Hewlett Packard Journal
- The Museum of HP Calculators
- The #HP48 IRC Homepage
- Area48 – A Beginner’s Guide to the HP48/49
The official FAQ
The FAQ was maintained by Andre Schoorl. His website is no longer working (just returns a forbidden error), but I have ZIP archives of the last FAQ.
The last FAQ was version 4.62 and released April 14, 2000.
HP48 Web Links
- Andre Schoorl’s HP48 Page [ Home of the official FAQ ]
- HP48 Resource Center
- Jarno Peschier’s HP48 Page He’s the creator of the HP84420 Emulator
- Joseph Horns Page Author of the Infamous GOODIES disks
- Antoine Belpois’ HP48G
- Nathan Raymound’s HP48 Land
- Doug Cannon’s HP48 Page
- The HP Knowledge Base
- Upgrade your HP48 to 4MB
- Andrew and Dave’s HP48 Collaboration
- The Incredible HP48 Network
- The HP48 School
- Jason Grant’s HP48 Page use a GPS with your HP48!
- comp.sys.hp48 The official newsgroup The official newsgroup
- comp.sys.handhelds Occasionally info about the HP48 pops up here
- comp.sources.hp48 Used for program distribution before the Internet when “online” was a BBS.
Powered by WebRing.