This page is primarily for my reference.
Updating the Firmware (linux instructions)
- Download the firmware and flasher utility from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/
- As of December 21, 2008 the current release is RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
- Turn the N800 off and connect it via USB to the computer
- Then type:
sudo ./flasher-3.0 -F RX-34_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
- When the PC displays “Suitable USB device not found, waiting”, plug the charger in to turn the unit on OR hold the HOME button while using the power button.
- The N800 will begin the flash upgrade and reboot when complete.
Red Pill Mode
- Start the Application Manager and open Tools/Application Catalog
- New - delete the http:// from the Web Address box and enter “matrix“
- Click CANCEL
- Select “Red Pill” from the dialog